Saturday, July 24, 2010

Kye Love Sopczak (18weeks)

July 21st


Kye Love Sopczak

It’s a BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Today was the day….FINALLY! We went in for the ultra sound and got to see our precious little boy. I of course started crying my eyes out because I was so overjoyed! Mikie had said all along it was a boy. I wasn’t sure, I didn’t have any gut feelings about it. Now, my mom thought it was a girl. She was shocked when we called her and told her the news but very excited. My dad was thrilled as well. This is the 1st grandson for them and the first grandchild for Mikie’s mom! I really don’t think I can describe in words how I am feeling. Beyond happy and I can’t help but smile. We are going to have a little man in our home! Mikie and I talked from 6:30-10 pm about baby Kye. What will he be like? What foods will he like? What will he look like? What sports will he want to play? What girls will he like? (oh my) We talked about everything from circumcision to wedding! We are on Cloud 9! Wait… make that Cloud 10! It’s amazing how much more real things are now. We are having a baby! Not only a baby but a baby boy and his name is Kye. Ofcourse Grandma Barbara already went out and purchased ½ of the store Carter’s! Mom, Dad, Ashlyn and Lauren came by to give us all the fun stuff for Kye. Again, it became much more real for Mikie and I. I also finally got to buy something! I bought him a vintage looking shirt that has a 1969 mustang on the front! Couldn’t be more perfect! Also bought a shirt that has a race car on the front and says race car! I will be ordering the baby bedding in the next couple days which of course will be a race car theme. We are going to paint the walls soon and order the furniture! Sooooooo much to do!


Kye Love Sopczak- the meaning behind the name


Mikie and I have had lots of time in 4 ½ years of trying to conceive to think of names for our children. It was important to us to have meaning behind the names we chose.

Kye- Mikie had a brother who passed away in a motorcycle accident when Mikie was 3 or 4. Mikie was young yet remembers very well. His brother’s name was Russell Kye Sopczak. We decided on Kye in remembrance of his brother.

Love- Mikie’s sweet grandpa passed away almost 2 years ago. His name was William Love Ellis. We thought the middle name Love was perfect for Kye. We know his grandpa is smiling in heaven knowing we are having a little boy and using his middle name.

Such an emotional time in our lives. Knowing we will bring a baby boy into this world and raise him to be a wonderful man. My heart melts just thinking of all the new fun things I will learn with Kye. We will do our absolute best to raise a God Loving, smart, respectful, patriotic young man. Mommy loves you Kye.

1 comment:

  1. Jennifer McGuire-GarnerJuly 25, 2010 at 12:03 AM

    Boys are so sweet and they love their mommies! It is amazing the love that you will share with your precious baby boy! I am so excited for you guys! The hard part now is waiting for him to arrive!

    ReplyDelete