Wednesday, July 7, 2010

16 weeks!

July 7th


16weeks!!!

16 week pregnant!!! 4 months and embracing the bump! I still need clothes bad but making do with what I have until I can actually find some that fit! Motherhood trips wasn’t the greatest. After telling the chic I just wanted to look she insisted on helping me. She kept saying we needed to figure out what size I was. Ok Seriously? I am 4 foot 11 and petite…….Probably need an extra large lady….. Well she finally figured out I was a size small and grabbed everything she could find! I skipped over many of the items she pulled because I will pass on looking like I am 80 thank you very much! And the rest of it was too big still. A bit frustrating but no major meltdown just a little one! HAHA! So for now the bellyband and a couple of items my sweet neighbor Amy gave me will have to do. Been having a little bit of lower back pain and major sinus headaches. I finally broke down and took something for my sinus that my doctor said was ok. I felt guilty but said a little prayer that baby would be ok. I was laying in bed the other night and felt 2 flutters!! I am still patiently waiting for it to happen again! I saw doctor Cone today. I did the 2nd part of the blood work for downs. The nurse weighed me……….no comment! She then takes out this little instrument and says “Oh we haven’t done this yet” She asks me to lay back and at this point I ask what the heck is she gonna do. We are going to listen to the baby’s heartbeat!!! Baby was all the way on the right side. That little heartbeat was just a beating away! I was in such awe and overwhelmed with joy and then I realized Mikie wasn’t with me to experience this. I wish I had known and he would have come. I was so very bummed out and so was he. The heartbeat definitely reminded me that I was in fact pregnant. Besides a few ache pains and cravings I would never know I was pregnant. I feel very blessed by the lack of horrible symptoms but very eager to actually “feel” pregnant! Dr. Cone came in and measured me. He assured me that in the next 4-6 weeks there was going to be no hiding that I am pregnant. Although I can’t hide it now! Two weeks and we find out if it’s a boy or girl! OMG I can’t wait!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank God for this opportunity!!!!! I have to say AGAIN that I am married to the most amazing man ever. He told me that I was such a beautiful pregnant woman the other day and many other very sweet sweet things. I am so blessed.

Cravings: Milk, and ice cream. I haven’t given in to the ice cream yet but I will very soon!

1 comment:

  1. I hated Motherhood too! I always went to Target or Ross carries maternity clothes. I bet your too cute preggers!!! You should post some pics. I always thought I looked fat pregnant so I wouldn't let anyone take any pics of me, but now I wish I had.

    Go ahead and eat that ice cream. If your craving it that means so is the baby!!! Ha!

    ReplyDelete