Friday, June 25, 2010

1st Pregnant Rant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

June 25, 2010

Yes, this is exactly what the title said it was! I am ranting. If you are easily offended maybe it's best you don't read this. If you are not then please read on. I mean no harm to any certain persons by writing this therefore no names will be mentioned. So this pregnant hormonal chic is about to tell it like it is...well at least from my side!

I have thought about writing a book on Etiquette .... I think it would be titled " Etiquette on dealing with Pregnant Chics". Apparently when you get pregnant it opens doors for just about anything to be said to you. Things are said whether the person has been pregnant before or not! It's like I have a huge sign on me that says "I am Pregnant Please tell me what you think no matter how ugly it may be". Emotional? Not me! Hormonal? Not me! Growing a human inside me and trying to adjust to the daily changes to your body? No freakin way! I'm just pregnant.... say what you want please ! Really.... I am thinking about getting a sign to wear around my neck in flashing neon lights that says " I am pregnant". So if you are out there and feel like you want to tell any pregnant chic how God Awful your labor was, how many stretch marks you have and how big your A** got.....by all means please feel free. I hope if you are reading this you are sensing the sarcasm in my writing! I really do have a smile on my face right now! These are just a few comments that have been made to me so far during my short 14 weeks 3 days of pure bliss pregnancy. (and I stress only a FEW)

- "You know people probably just think you are getting fat and don't know you are pregnant" Oh yes...this was said to my face :) Now that make a pregnant chic feel AWESOME let me tell you. Maybe I should change the sign from Pregnant to FAT A**.

- "How far along are you? Oh...really....well gosh I wasn't showing at all at that time." Really? Do I really give a flying FLIP that you didn't have this beer belly when you were as pregnant as I am right now? NOT REALLY....

-"Oh honey you surely won't be able to keep wearing those heels much longer" SERIOUSLY I am not that far along...and just because the many of you said this I don't care how fat and swollen my feet get and if I have to buy a new pair of heels 3 sizes bigger when I am 8 1/2 months pregnant I will wear my heels and love every minute of it just to spite you :)

-" You know your feet are going to get so fat" Thanks....thanks for the re-assurance. Oh please read my remarks above because I will be wearing heels because of you too :)

-"Why would you work out still while you are pregnant, there's no point" Right... there is NO POINT at all to trying to keep myself healthy and maintain a healthy weight for my unborn child and for me. Damn...I think I may just go eat some donuts while typing the rest of this blog.

-"I had the worst labor ever. So many hours and so much pain" Gosh, Thank You for telling me this. As if I was nervous enough about a possible 7-8 pound human coming out down below now I know that the pain will be so unbearable I will want to die.... as if I didn't know this to begin with.

-"Your body will never be the same" Ahhhh that is so sweet of you to tell me that my Ass will be huge forever and so will my thighs! Oh well maybe you should read a few comments above and get with the person that asked me why I still work out......What's the point right?

-"Your boobs are going to be huge" THANK YOU...and when I say thank you this time I REALLY mean it! At least one thing on my body I don't mind getting big :)

-"You know you shouldn't eat this, this, this or this..." NO SHIT! Raw fish isn't healthy while you are pregnant?!? DUH...and as far as hot dogs and lunch meat ....Um I will do what my DOCTOR tells me is OK. Oh wait....are you a doctor? No...I didn't think so.

-"Eat whatever you want who cares" You and the person above need to hang out and take notes...apparently there is a discrepancy on what to eat and not to eat. When you guys talk get back with me. Oh actually.... don't get back with me because I don't care what you have to say!


Ok....for now I think this is enough. Trust me I really could keep going on and on and on and on. If  you are pregnant right now and reading this you would probably give me a high five. If you are not  pregnant you may be questioning whether you have ever said one of these things to me or something close. Don't sweat it if you have said something to me like this....really it's all good! I just think it's pretty hilarious that people really do say WHATEVER they think or feel when you are pregnant! I know people would have never said things to me like this when I wasn't pregnant. This is my body, and my baby and trust me after 4 1/2 years of wanting this so badly I would NEVER do anything to harm our child....or myself. And if you really want me to stay healthy and have a healthy pregnancy maybe people should think about your emotional state and your mental health as well. I bet that would keep some mouths closed.

I actually enjoyed writing this blog. I got out my irritations and mean not harm to anyone. I know the people that have said things meant no harm either. But like my Mom always taught me "Think before  you speak" That theory also applies when speaking with Pregnant Chics!

Much Love to everyone...and I promise I haven't lost my mind :)

5 comments:

  1. Could not have said it better! LOL You know what to do and not to do and for the record I think your a beautiful little pregnant lady! ;-) I'M ANONYMOUS LOL (Deanna Mckissack)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl just wait until you start throwing names out there and people say why would you name your child that. Like they have a choice in what you name your own child! After going through 4 pregnancies & births I could write a whole book on what rude people say to you while you're pregnant and still what they say post pregnancy!!! Never fear you're a smart and strong woman and you know what's best for you and your baby! Hang in there sweetie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL. All of this is so true! I smile to think of all the funny looks you will get when you are at the gym 8 months preggo like i was...hehehe. It made me giggle, silly boys. you go on and live your life girlie. muaw.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, and just wait until complete strangers walk up and start rubbing your belly! I don't know why they think that's ok either! You're too funny Jennie! Moey Davis

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey girl - this is my first time to your blog and I saw this post and it just made me smile this morning! It is AMAZING what people feel is okay to tell you while you are pregnant. It also seems that people who had somewhat negative experiences (bad labor, gaining lots of weight and not losing it, etc) are the ones that say the most things! I just don't get it. But let me tell you, this is only the beginning because once you have that sweet baby - everyone will have an opinion on what you should and should not be doing. Other moms can be really mean sometimes. It makes me sad.

    Just remember every day that you look fabulous pregnant and you know that you are doing exactly the right things for sweet Kye!

    ReplyDelete