Wednesday, June 9, 2010

12 week visit w/ Dr. Cone

June 9th


7am appointment for Down’s testing. Was nice to have the ultrasound from on top of my belly this morning! Baby S was sound asleep! The heartbeat was 152. The ultrasound tech needed to take measurements and was pushing and pressing on my belly to try to wake the baby up! Unlike every other ultrasound when the baby won’t stop moving! Finally the baby move a little bit but that didn’t stop him/her from continuing to sleep! Obviously our little sweet pea wasn’t ready to wake up at 7am! After the ultrasound I went for blood work. 5 big vials of blood…. But I did really well! At this point it was 8am and I didn’t have my appointment with Dr. Cone until 9 so I hung out in the Crave Café in the medical building. At 9 I saw Dr. Cone. Since I had already had an ultrasound he didn’t do another one. He did however have a serious talk with me that I was not expecting. He tells me my pap smear came back abnormal. He said I have pre-cancerous cells along my cervix area. He went through the fact that 93% of women have normal pap smears and this other little percentage have abnormal. Then he goes on to tell me that there is 2 levels of pre-cancerous cells and I am luckly in the 1st level which is good because its not as bad as the 2nd level. He said something like 1 point something percent of women are in this category. I have to have another pap-smear when I am 6 months pregnant to check on it. He did say that my body could fight off the cells and my next pap-smear could come back just fine. And there is a possibly it could stay the same or get worse. He definitely didn’t sugar coat it but at the same time he didn’t want to freak me out. If it’s the same or worse after I deliver the baby we will decide what to do next. Obviously we won’t do anything while I am pregnant and he assured me this would not harm or affect the baby. So overwhelmed by all the info he said but held back the tears. I talked with the nurses after about my next appointment then spoke to the lady in the financial department to let me know how awesome it is that I am covered at 100% since we have spent sooooooo much $ this year on medical expenses! I just thought I was cool and feeling strong not to cry…. I could call Mikie, who was leaving to Chicago and wouldn’t be home tonight, without a single tear and just talk to him. But as soon as I heard his voice I broke down crying. Which by the way is so not good after you leave the doctors office and you are pregnant! He was so worried. I first finally got out that the baby was just perfect and he relaxed. Then I was able to get out the rest of my visit. He is such an amazing man. So reassuring and comforting even through the phone that even if I wasn’t going to be ok I felt like with him everything was ok. I hated that he had to leave today and we didn’t get to see each other. I can’t wait for him to come home so I could hug him so tight. He was so uplifting and it turned my attitude around. I am just believing in Jesus that my body will fight off these pre-cancerous cells and I will be just fine. So from Cloud 9 to Rock Bottom my emotions have exhausted me. But no worries… I am back on Cloud 9. Nothing will hold me back. We have a beautiful baby to raise ! Thank you Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment