Monday, August 23, 2010

Week 21 & 22

August 23rd
Week 21 & 22

My oh my how the time is flying by. I continue to feel blessed everyday for this experience. Skippy came by and we discussed the paintings he will do in Kye’s room. We are so excited that a friend will be able to add that special touch to his room. Went to babies r us again! That place seriously never gets old.

I had my 22 week doctor appointment on my Birthday. Everything looks good. Got to hear Kye’s heartbeat again. Since Mikie is out of town and hasn’t heard it I recorded it on my phone. The sweetest sound ever! Dr. Cone assured me that my weight gain was good and healthy. He gave information on the glucose test I will take at my next appointment. I now will see him every 3 weeks instead of 4. My belly is definitely growing and he reminded me that I will probably look full term at 7months! Obviously because there is no where for Kye to go but out! He also said at my next appointment or the following appointment we would do another pap to check on the pre-cancerous cells.

I may not always feel like a hottie but I can tell you that my husband sure thinks I am. Friday the 20th will have made 3 weeks we haven’t seen each other. I have missed him terribly. I have been sending him pictures of me and my belly on his phone so he can see his wife and baby growing together. He was able to come home on my birthday the 19th. His flight landed at 10:35pm. I could barely wait for him to get home! You would really think he was gone for months. We had the best mini-vacation together. All we did was eat and chill! No house work no normal responsibilities just enjoying each others company. I am so extremely blessed to have such an amazing man by my side. He works so hard to provide for us…his family. I have been feeling Kye move around constantly! I don’t think that little boy every stops. But, I will say every time Mikie put his hand on my belly and started talking to him he would stop moving! Maybe he was concentrating on what his daddy was saying! I read all my books with Mikie on what stage of growth he is at and the book said that if you hold a flash light to your belly more than likely he will try to move away from the light. So, as curious as I was ,and how bad I wanted Mikie to feel him move before he left again, we tried! I held the flash light on the right side of my belly because I know without a doubt that is where his little eyes are. (he favors the right side since day one) Mikie put his hand on the left side of my belly and what do you know…..it worked!!!!! Poor little guy started kicking and Mikie got to feel him!!! Absolutely amazing and such a special moment for us to share. Unfortunately Mikie flew out again this morning back to Michigan. I miss him so much already. Our home is not the same without him. This experience of pregnancy has made me fall more deeply in love with him. More than I ever thought possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment