Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Injection Training/Consent Forms/Infecious Disease test

March 10th


2:00 appointment for injection training, signing consent forms and infectious disease blood test. 1st I am told I owe $600 for the blood test. Now, I didn’t freak out because the receptionist Sara is a sweet girl and nothing but helpful. I calmly reminded her that she should bill through insurance since we do have “testing” as part of our coverage. She agreed and apologized….no biggie. Then Rene the nurse comes out and asks if we brought our medications with us. At this point I start to get irritated because the nurse Pricilla that booked our appointment never said we needed our meds. We were NOT going to reschedule because of her screw up. Rene was really sweet and said we would make do with what they had to do the training. We told Rene that we have done shots before and Mikie knows how to mix the medicine from one vial to another ect…. So she felt much better knowing this. Then she proceeds to tell us that Pricilla is no longer with the clinic. You know, I kept telling myself not to be too sensitive when I talked to Pricilla on the phone….I always felt like I was putting her out and frustrating her with my questions. I really convinced myself that I was just hormonal! UM NO….. apparently she is not compassionate at all. I felt relieved that we would be able to deal with Rene and Julie from this point on. Back on the training….if we were a couple who had never been through 6 months prior fertility treatments this whole thing could be very overwhelming. I am thanking GOD that we have been through some of this already! All the medicines and needles don’t bother me at all! Now, the progesterone shot will be the most painful since it is intramuscular and it’s a 22 gage needle and it’s an inch and a half long and that I may have to do them for up to 8 week starting the day before the transfer……but you know what, I would do them everyday for 9 months if I had to just to get the end result. I already have back ups if Mikie is out of town. Amy and Amanda are my next door neighbors and they are both nurses! Also, my neighbor Heather across the street is a nurse so I think I am covered! We completed the training and did the blood work and urine sample, then it was on to signing the consent forms. The one question that stuck with me the most was if we have and frozen embryos left and Mikie and I pass away at the same time what do we want to do with the remaining frozen embryos. What an awful question but it must be answered. The options were A) discard them B) donate to science C) donate to another couple. We chose C. I pray that never has to happen though…….

Once the paperwork was done we were on our way! I did inventory of all the medications and were only missing my antibiotics so we will get those ordered next week. Very exciting to be so close to officially starting this process. The count down is on!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment