Monday, February 15, 2010

Hysteroscopy

2/15/10


Hysteroscopy

Today was Mikie’s first day back to work after his surgery. Since this was the case Michelle took me to have my hysteroscopy with Dr. Haddad. I was so nervous but so excited to get the ball rolling! A hysteroscopy is where they go into the uterus with a camera to make sure everything looks good so that when the doctor puts in the fertilized egg there isn’t anything that would inhibit it from implanting. I must have peed 15 times before they finally took me back to the operating room. I was so nervous!! Before I knew it I was in recovery and Michelle and I were talking. Although she had to tell me what we were talking about because of the medicine I don’t remember! Apparently I tried to be funny and ask the doctor if I could drive my Ferrari . He asked if I had one and I just simply said no. (I don’t remember this at all) Michelle picked up my prescriptions of Estrace and Provera. They are similar to birth control but they are to also promote healing in the uterus. Well, to our surprise Dr. Haddad removed a Septum from my uterus. It is a birth defect. It causes multiple miscarriages or infertility. Now, as thrilled as we were he removed it we were equally as frustrated because our last doctor didn’t bother to look in my uterus when she did the laparoscopy!!!!!!! UGH Seriously ………. So the initial frustration was: we did the laparoscopy and she was able to laser all the endometriosis then did 6 months of aggressive fertility treatments………and maybe had she taken the time while she was already in there to take a look inside my uterus this would have saved us time, money and emotional agony, and would probably have children by now. BUT, right now the last thing we need is any negative energy therefore we are moving forward with a positive attitude and not looking back. God has his plan and this plan is greater than ours. We are now in the right hands with Dr. Haddad and I know God placed us with him on purpose. We are going to talk to the doctor and get his opinion about us possibly trying on our own for a couple months before doing IVF. Either way I am taking Estrace for 15 days and provera for 5. I will then have a cycle and start birth control again but only for 2 weeks. During this two weeks I will have another Hysteroscopy to make sure my uterus is healed. At this point we will either try on our own for a couple months or start the InVitro process. This week has been physically taxing on me and I have been in an enormous amount of pain which my doctor assures me is normal after removing a septum. I am just thankful we have come this far and every step is closer and closer to having our own child.

No comments:

Post a Comment