Thursday, April 1, 2010

Getting Ready for the transfer

April 1st


I started the Medrol today. Can we just say…..hyper active! I haven’t had this much energy in ages! Especially taking 4 of them today….It is 11:00 pm and I am typing this. I am wired! Anyway, Mikie gave me my first progesterone shot tonight. In the left upper buttocks. I was nervous since the needle was so long but he had me lay in the couch face down and I had my pillow to hug. He puts ice on the area that he will inject and then……. He puts the needle in. I barely felt it! It wasn’t bad at all! I suddenly got the giggles as he is still injecting the progesterone in! I totally over thought this shot and was nervous but it turned out to be fine. Now I am sure after possibly 8 weeks of doing this my rear will be a bit sore and I might be typing cuss words ;) I have tomorrow off since it is Good Friday. I will be cleaning, grocery shopping and preparing for my 3 days of bed rest. Never thought I would ever be so excited to be on bed rest!

On another note….. I am a very active person. I workout 6 days a week and run a lot. My diet is pretty strict although lately I have been a little sloppy with it. I am not allowed to get my heart rate over 120 and I can not do any running or weight lifting right now. I never thought this would be hard until tonight. I decided to walk outside …. Walk ….seriously it’s beyond boring. It really sucks not being able to work up a good sweat and feel pumped your workout. BUT it is all for a great wonderful amazing cause! I will just have to come to grips with it and keep my diet in check. Since Mikie’s surgery it seem like I am always on him to be careful and asking “should you be doing that” or “is that too much weight to lift”. Our situations are very different but I finally understand how he must feel with someone telling you that you can’t be active or to slow it down. Tonight I apologized for not being sensitive to the fact that this transition for him must be hard. I can now see why he continues to work out and be active because he loves it and refuses to give in. At this time I must give in to make sure I stay “fit” for a baby. I am 150% ok with this. BUT I can tell you now, after the baby/babies…… Personal Trainer here I come!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment